Lots of ups and downs in life lately but I can't complain. I'm another year older and my head is a bit clearer now. See what I've been up to via my phone's camera roll below! *Discalimer: lots of picks at my desk job!
Organic protein shake via Svelte. Super delish!
Still making my green smoothies!! Kale + spinach + frozen banana/mango + peach
A view of California from the air (via my work supervisor)
And I don't even like Valentine's Day...
D E V O U R E D this Valentine Corn!!!
A sweet valentine card.
BEST Valentine's Day cookie assortment ever!!!
Puppy is getting so big!
Little bit of water and a whole lot of Jesus.
My last bowl of queso for 40 days + nights.
Hands down the sexiest pair of shoes I own. Ordered them from the Sherman Oaks store (ask for Cassidy!) because they were out of my size online!
Birthday watch + fresh mani!
Addicted to steamed veggies.
Turned 23 over the weekend!!
Continue to have an amazing week loves!!
Monday Musings are back!! I hope each and everyone of you are having a splendid day so far! Like always, I scour the internet (i.e., Pinerest) for things that draw my attention and share them with you all here.
[Be sure to click the links above for sources/more details.]
I didn't mean to stay away from the blog for so long. I've been lacking creativity lately and have had to deal with crazy emotions as of lately. Boooo. But yesterday, I had a really rough day. Well, at least what I thought was a rough day. My supervisor is out of the office for another week (she's super, super, super AWESOME), the weather has been gloomy and cold, constant attitudes from other people at work, and not to mention my insane sinus headache which has been going on for 20 hours now. On a scale of 1 to 10, yesterday was definitely a -2. Oh, and did I mention, I haven't heard from my man crush since 9 pm Sunday night? And don't forget me rationalizing my decision to quit work and open up my cupcake shop again!
Welp, you know what they say, "when it rains, it pours".
So, from my point of view, yesterday was pretty bad. But then, scrolling through Pinterest, I found the image above.
There are people who would love to have your bad days. (read that again a few times)
I had to read it over and over again until it stuck. There are seriously people out there who wouldn't mind having a sinus headache or not having to work under their immediate supervisor for a week. There are people out there who would much rather deal with the sharp tongues of others instead of sharp objects. And I'm sure there's a man or woman out there who would be content to not talking with their crush for a day or two. So yeah, there actually are people who would love to have my bad days.
Between laying motionless in the fetal position for 3 hours, only rotating to relieve pressure, and crying until I thought my head would explode, I realized there was something I could do about my so called "bad day". I could change it. Seriously. So after I had taken 1/2 caplet of Tylenol (I'm not good at swallowing large pills) I sat up in my bed and decided to turn my frown upside down. I told myself I will be the positive energy. I will be the light. I will be the one who constantly says "Please & Thank You". I will be the one who looks to make people's day better. Because when I give off positive energy, it flows into the atmosphere around me. It keeps spirits up. It keeps morale up. And it keeps me happy.
If I haven't learned anything else from working my current job, I have learned that I can and will work in a positive and exciting atmosphere no matter what. What I'm about to say may seem harsh, but I don't care. I deserve to work in a positive and fulfilling atmosphere! And no matter what it takes, I will do just that! Example: Today is Fat Tuesday, so I decided to give each of my coworker's Mardi Gras beads and horns. They actually got really excited about it too! And since I work in a high traffic area, I try to make sure I greet each and every person when they arrive and tell them to have a "good day" when they leave. If you really think about, it's the small things in life that really matter. Like the "have a good day"s, quick text messages asking how you're doing, and simple yet festive things like Mardi Gras beads.
So look at it this way, when you're day is going bad, stay a second to reevaluate. Put on your Mardi Gras beads or hand a few strands out to someone. It will brighten your day and theirs!
Keep doing the right thing. Even if things don't work out, at least you know you did what was right. You'll be rewarded for it eventually. ;)
Thank God it's Friday! The weekend is finally here loves, so get ready to have some fun. I'm taking a quick 72 hour trip to see a good friend of my in a few weeks, so I've put together a little post detailing some of the things I find purposeful when packing (depending where you're headed!)
battery pack phone charger // water bottle // pajama set // travel neck pillow // clear mascara // chapstick //
energizing eye patches // camera // sunnies // weekender bag // mini flat iron //
I don't travel much, but when I do, I'm normally only gone for 72 hours tops! Unfortunately, I pack like I'll be gone for a month. With my next trip, I'm only taking one bag (minus my purse). And since I'm only taking one bag, it's vital that I find a bag that's not too large but not too small. That's why it's crucial to find the perfect weekender bag!
But what exactly should you pack for a 72 hour trip?
I guess because I'm sort of creative? Or maybe it's because I love the freedom of it. I'm not totally sure, but I do know I'm really enjoying it. Blogging is by the far the largest creative platform I've ever worked with. And it's not like I had set out to become this prolific, world-known blogger. I was just sitting at home and made a decision one day to really stick to it this time. [I'd blogged before, but it was extremely sporadic!] It's almost like a live journal. I get to pour out my emotions, likes/dislikes, and views with you all. And since I'm still new to this Weebly platform, I don't have too many comments yet, so I don't feel weird in any kind of way! But I do notice that I have some loyal readers [THANK YOU]! Even though my last 3-4 posts have only been #MondayMusings, you guys still come back each day to read! So yeah, I blog because I like the freedom of the creative outlet and that I can share so much with you all.
Have a great day and visit the blog tomorrow! I'll get that 'how to pack a healthy lunch' post up soon and I'll be showing you all my newest wardrobe purchases! Eeeekkkk!!!!!
apartment decor (similar here) // michael kors lexington watch // confetti push pop // panama hat // plaid //
ab & squat challenge // knee high boots (similar here and here)// filter of hope charity //
Hello loves! Monday has rolled around once again (seriously, where did the weekend go?) and that means it's time for #MondayMusings. When I first started #MondayMusings, it was to serve as a filler for my lackluster (still kind of lol) blog posts. As of recently, I've been so consumed with traveling and finishing up my graduate school applications that I haven't even had time to develop a to-do list for my blog. But, with the office slowing down, I'll have some serious time on my hands to put together some new topics and ideas to cover!
Today's #MondayMusings is by far the biggest hodge podge of things if I have ever seen one! I didn't have a theme for this one, so I just picked a bunch of things that caught my eye this past week. Enjoy!
1. Apartment Decor (Ikea): I'll be moving into a new apartment this fall, so I've already started compiling the furniture I'll be needing. This shelving unit from Ikea is perfect for me to store all my cute knick knacks with out a sense of clutter. A quick coat of gold spray paint and viola!
2. Michael Kors Lexington Watch: My birthday is in 19 days, so I decided to treat myself to a new watch. I'm not big on name brands, but I own a leather strapped Michael Kors watch and it's been good to me. And because of that, I'm trying out this much nicer, mixed metal watch. I'll be sure to share once it arrives.
3. Push Pop Confetti (Thimblepress): Is this not the most genius thing ever? Confetti in a push pop dispenser? Love, love, love this! It creates one nice big explosion and showers that place with hand cut colored paper and metallic foils. I keep trying to convince my supervisor to allow me to bring one to our office parties, but she's still not convinced. Until then, I'll be enjoying my little party of one with this awesome invention.
4. Panama Hat (J. Crew): I'm jetting off to Mexico in about 3 months, and I've been searching for a Panama hat for the longest! It's perfect for when I'm relaxing by the pool, enjoying the Mexican waves, or strolling through town. This is definitely a staple item I'll be adding to my wardrobe.
5. Plaid (Brighton Keller): First, let me say, Brighton Keller's blog (Brighton the Day) is AHHH-MAZING!! Seriously, where have I been all this time? Hiding under a rock obviously. Her style is legit. She's got a way of mixing pieces so effortlessly. When I found this plaid look on her blog, I was definitely impressed. I happen to have a nice red/black flannel at home, but have no clue how to style it, but Brighton saved the day with this look. Look for a plaid inspired look on the blog in the future!
6. Ab & Squat Challenge: With the start of a new month, comes the start of a new challenge. Last month, I was unable to complete the 30 squat challenge due to lack of preparation and time management. Well, that was last month. It's a whole new month and my mind and body are ready for it! Plus, I've got to get bikini ready for Mexico and a quick trip to visit a special friend at the end of this month ;)
7. Black Over the Knee Boots (Michael Kors): I own quite a few pairs of brown boots, but have only one pair of black boots. And they're actually booties, not even tall boots. I found these amazing Michael Kors boots blog surfing and knew I had to have them. I scoured the internet in hopes of finding them in suede, but was only able to find them in leather (which isn't so bad). They're a little on the pricey side for me, but I'm looking to invest in my wardrobe. And these over the knee boots will never go out of style. Go ahead and grab them before they're gone!
8. Filter of Hope: I decided at the end of 2014 that I would donate to a global charity each month and I was lucky enough to have stumbled upon this Filter of Hope on Instagram. I know there are tons of non-profit organizations around the world, but this one spoke to me because they provide families across the globe with water filters. Clean water is essential to a healthy life and well-being. Many of us living in developed countries take clean water for granted. I mean, I've got about 4 water bottles laying around my bedroom floor right now! Only a small donation of $40 sends a filtering device to a family in an underdeveloped country. I spend maybe $200/month on myself alone each month (too much!), so spending $40 to help a family get clean drinking water was a no-brainer. Check out the website and see how you can help! I promise it'll make you feel good once you do it.
Have an amazing week! I'll be back later detailing how to pack a tasty lunch you can take to work.
Hello, I'm Margo.
25 year old laid-back lady currently pursuing my MBA in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Just using my blog to share my growing faith, evolving style, favorite recipes, and exciting travels with you!
Shop love...Kenedie on Etsy!