Hi loves! Can you believe we're only a mere 48 hours until the start of 2015?! It's safe to say that each passing year seems to go by faster than the last! But I can't lie, New Year's Eve/Day is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate. Not because of the bubbly champagne, night full of dancing, or that amazing kiss as the clock strikes midnight, but because it ushers in a fresh start!
Now, I know we all write up a few new goals for the coming year, but honestly, we don't make it past January 15th before we retreat back to our old ways. So, I challenge each of you to make more realistic goals! Try creating a list of goals that you can work on daily and use any existing resources you might have.
I've listed my 2015 resolutions above! Let me explain how I came up with them and how I plan to actually follow through!
PICKING YOUR BEST 2015 RESOLUTIONS
1. Find a goal you truly want to work on and improve
2. Determine if that goal is realistic for you in your current situation
3. Ask yourself if you have (or can get/purchase) the necessary resources to help
4. Create a simple plan you can follow to accomplish your resolution for the upcoming year.
For example, one of my major 2015 resolutions is to travel more. Following step 1 from above, I decided this was a goal I truly wanted to work on. I hardly ever get to travel, and I feel that I'm at a point in life where traveling is finally an option for me. Next, I had to determine if this goal was even realistic for me in my current situation. Of course it is! I'm a healthy 22 year old lady who has nothing holding me back! And lastly, I have to ask myself, "do I even have the resources to travel more?". Now that I'm working 40 hours each week and finally have a salary, I definitely have a few extra pennies to put aside for new adventures. And lastly, create a plan to help you accomplish your new resolution. So, in order for me to take an upcoming trip to Mexico in 2015, I have to set aside a certain portion of my pay each month, research travel and hotel accommodations, and lock in a date! Once I've got all
So with a few helpful steps to get you started, I challenge you to list out your 2015 resolutions and stick to them!
Just wanted to highlight the Christmas holiday in our house! This was by far one the best Christmas I've ever had. Partly because I was able to gift some pretty awesome gifts and because I was able to settle further in my walk with Christ! Check out my Christmas holiday and the month of December in the gallery below! (mouse over the photos for captions!)
December was a great month for me! I was able to do a great number of things this year that I haven't been able to do over the past odd number of years. For example, this year, I sent out my first batch of Christmas cards! My parents always send cards on behalf of our family, but to be able to send my own is quite fulfilling. Besides sending out Christmas cards to friends and family, I was able to convince my mom to purchase a live tree. We haven't had a live tree since before my younger brother was born! And after searching 4 grocery stores, I finally found the Christmas tree, Snowman, and Reindeer shape cookies by Pillsbury. These are the only sugar cookies I eat when Christmas comes around. I'd be lying to you if I said I only had a few. Guys, I purchased 8 boxes. (please don't judge me). But beyond the cards, and the fresh cut tree, and sugar cookies, I was able to spend some quality time with my family & friends and reflect on my growing relationship with Christ.
I hope you all had a great holiday! Let's gear up for the new year! A few exciting updates will be coming to the blog so be sure to visit regularly!
We have made it to the final Monday of 2014, loves! I hope everyone enjoyed their seasonal holidays (Hannakuh, Christmas, Boxing Day, the start of Kwanza, etc.)! I thoroughly enjoyed my much needed break. I've still got a little bit of down time before I head back to the office, so I plan on spending it with you guys and getting my life on track for 2015 (post on this tomorrow). I'm so excited for the new year! But before it gets here, I want to share a few things that caught my eye over the weekend. Check out this week's #MondayMusings!
chargrilled salmon via The Honeybee // ink // Dezso by Sara Beltran // trench via with love from Kat // margaritas via Food52 // book // overalls // leopard couch //
This #MondayMusings is by far the best one I've ever put together. And it describes me so perfectly! Healthy foods, amazing jewelry, MARGARITAS, and effortless style. Not to mention my craving for some ink, decorating tips for my future apartment, and my love for literature! Take some time out of your day and look around. Maybe you'll find something that catches your eye. :)
Have a great Monday! Stop by the blog later this afternoon as I recap my Christmas holiday and tomorrow as I detail my New Year Resolutions!
A little Christmas humor for you all! But in all reality, let's not forget the reason for the season. The birth of sweet baby Jesus!! Stop by the blog later this week as I recap my Christmas holiday!
Good afternoon dearies! I hope everyone had finished their holiday shopping and settling in for a cozy holiday weekend with family and friends! Today, I'm sharing a Christmas edition of Monday Musings. I've gathered all my Christmas favorites, classics, and new features that help me celebrate the holiday! Take a look!
I've been slacking on my blogging lately. Poor time management, attempts at GMAT studying (b/c I'm really not tuned in for it right now), and the fact that Christmas is less than a week away have really pulled me away from the blog. So, I feel I should give you all a little insight on what makes me, me. Here we go!
58 Facts about myself
1. I got saved on January 12, 2014 at Church of the Highlands and my life has been drastically different ever since.
2. I've lived my entire life in Alabama. Roll Tide.
3. I will be 23 in two months.
4. I'm a seasoned procrastinator and a part-time insomniac. (It's 2:36 am right now)
5. I've never left the country but my passport just arrived in the mail yesterday afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. I'm a Pisces. *I', not a huge believer in horoscopes, but my sign's characteristics are SPOT ON.
7. I'm a vibe-type person. If I feel good, positive energy and vibes from you, you're in. If not, I'll keep my eye on you from a distance.
8. I don't like jelly.
9. I tried Nutella for the first time about a year ago and I'm hooked.
10. The first cut truly is the deepest.
11. I'm slightly infatuated with Central and South America. (The people, music, lifestyle, etc.)
12. I never knew how much I enjoyed school until after I finished it. (Maybe it's the routine I miss?)
13. I strongly dislike sitting behind a desk all day, answering phone call.
14. My job entails me sitting behind a desk all day, answering phone calls. *le sigh
15. I have a 5 month old German Shepherd puppy. I swear, good or bad, I can never get or stay mad at him.
16. I love the start of a new year.
17. I've broken one bone and had one tooth extracted.
18. I love to bake.
19. I'm a daydreamer
20. I love watches but have no sense of time management.
21. I religiously attended an 8:00pm yoga class every Thursday during my freshman year of college. (Take me Back!!)
22. I love to read.
23. I'm not fond of arrogant, self-centerd, lying individuals.
24. I'm learning and loving how to give to those less fortunate. (Seriously, it feels really good to give.)
25. I was Senior class president and Homecoming Queen in high school.
26. I don't mind being honest about myself with people.
27. I'm not good with routines or habits.
28. I only drink bottled, spring water. Not purified.
29. I'm on Pinterest quite a bit. Follow me --> Pinterest.com/MargoSmith58/
30. I've never been on an airplane. Or cruise boat. Or train. But I have canoed in a lake before.
31. I've been in love. Only once. And I'm not afraid to admit it.
32. I have a hard time remembering things.
33. I struggle with getting information from my brain to my mouth.
34. I go into shut-down mode pretty often when I'm struggling with something or someone.
35. I screenshot. A LOT.
36. I'm trying to improve my vocabulary.
37. I probably sleep too much.
38. 2013 was the worst year of my life. 2014 was a close second.
39. I'm a cautious driver.
40. I don't like the following color combinations: blue+orange, red+orange
41. I have awful posture.
42. I have terrible eyesight. (But, I'm thankful I'm not blind!)
43. I'm about 1/16 Native American. (But who isn't?)
44. My hair is long enough to braid, but not long enough for the braid to hang across my shoulder. Grrrr.
45. I sleep in my contacts from time to time. And no, they are not the kind you can sleep in. (What is wrong with me?)
46. I love movies.
47. My second toe is longer than my big toe. But only by about 1/2 cm. (So does that even really count?)
48. I pretty much type the way I talk. You know how you say it in your head when you're typing? That's me.
49. I like blogging.
50. I don't care what people think about me.
51. I think God has called me to be a giver. (I'm kind of compassionate most of the time.)
52. I hate crying. But I've cried more in the past 2 years than I probably ever have in my entire life.
53. I'd rather text you than call you. (B/c talking on the phone is just awkward sometimes.)
54. I could live in sweats, yoga pants, and leggings forever.
55. I am very particular how people talk to me. One wrong tone and I'll exile you for life.
56. I enjoy positive affirmations.
57. I have praise & worship sessions quite frequently now. (Um, Hillsong anybody?!)
58. Outside of Christ dying for my (our) sins, I don't think true love can be explained or defined. It can only be felt.
There it is. 58 facts about myself. I'm not so different from you, now am I?
Have a great weekend loves!
Hi loves!! I'm back! Over the past week, I've been handling a lot of things at work so I haven't been able to dedicate as much time to the blog. (Booooo!) I originally planned to post last night, but GMAT studying literally consumes my nights from 6pm-11pm.
But, I do have some exciting news! I actually got out of the house this past weekend!! My family and I went to Atlanta for a few hours to the Falcons-Steelers game. I had a BLAST!!
*Side note: I rarely have the opportunity to leave home, so whenever I do, it's a BIG deal!!!
Steel City in the Dirty Dirty.
shirt // shades // studs
My game day outfit was very minimal this time. A team varsity crew from Victoria's Secret PINK NFL collection, dark wash jeans, black booties, and my fave pair of shades.
The Georgia Dome has bottomless popcorn, ya'll. BOTTOMLESS!!!
Let's GO STEELERS!!!
Mom & I celebrating the WIN!!
You were good to me Atlanta. Until next time...
Day trips are so exciting for me! Where do you like to go when you get a free 5-7 hours to do whatever? Tell me below in the comments section!
Hello, I'm Margo.
25 year old laid-back lady currently pursuing my MBA in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Just using my blog to share my growing faith, evolving style, favorite recipes, and exciting travels with you!
Shop love...Kenedie on Etsy!