apartment decor (similar here) // michael kors lexington watch // confetti push pop // panama hat // plaid //
ab & squat challenge // knee high boots (similar here and here)// filter of hope charity //
Hello loves! Monday has rolled around once again (seriously, where did the weekend go?) and that means it's time for #MondayMusings. When I first started #MondayMusings, it was to serve as a filler for my lackluster (still kind of lol) blog posts. As of recently, I've been so consumed with traveling and finishing up my graduate school applications that I haven't even had time to develop a to-do list for my blog. But, with the office slowing down, I'll have some serious time on my hands to put together some new topics and ideas to cover!
Today's #MondayMusings is by far the biggest hodge podge of things if I have ever seen one! I didn't have a theme for this one, so I just picked a bunch of things that caught my eye this past week. Enjoy!
1. Apartment Decor (Ikea): I'll be moving into a new apartment this fall, so I've already started compiling the furniture I'll be needing. This shelving unit from Ikea is perfect for me to store all my cute knick knacks with out a sense of clutter. A quick coat of gold spray paint and viola!
2. Michael Kors Lexington Watch: My birthday is in 19 days, so I decided to treat myself to a new watch. I'm not big on name brands, but I own a leather strapped Michael Kors watch and it's been good to me. And because of that, I'm trying out this much nicer, mixed metal watch. I'll be sure to share once it arrives.
3. Push Pop Confetti (Thimblepress): Is this not the most genius thing ever? Confetti in a push pop dispenser? Love, love, love this! It creates one nice big explosion and showers that place with hand cut colored paper and metallic foils. I keep trying to convince my supervisor to allow me to bring one to our office parties, but she's still not convinced. Until then, I'll be enjoying my little party of one with this awesome invention.
4. Panama Hat (J. Crew): I'm jetting off to Mexico in about 3 months, and I've been searching for a Panama hat for the longest! It's perfect for when I'm relaxing by the pool, enjoying the Mexican waves, or strolling through town. This is definitely a staple item I'll be adding to my wardrobe.
5. Plaid (Brighton Keller): First, let me say, Brighton Keller's blog (Brighton the Day) is AHHH-MAZING!! Seriously, where have I been all this time? Hiding under a rock obviously. Her style is legit. She's got a way of mixing pieces so effortlessly. When I found this plaid look on her blog, I was definitely impressed. I happen to have a nice red/black flannel at home, but have no clue how to style it, but Brighton saved the day with this look. Look for a plaid inspired look on the blog in the future!
6. Ab & Squat Challenge: With the start of a new month, comes the start of a new challenge. Last month, I was unable to complete the 30 squat challenge due to lack of preparation and time management. Well, that was last month. It's a whole new month and my mind and body are ready for it! Plus, I've got to get bikini ready for Mexico and a quick trip to visit a special friend at the end of this month ;)
7. Black Over the Knee Boots (Michael Kors): I own quite a few pairs of brown boots, but have only one pair of black boots. And they're actually booties, not even tall boots. I found these amazing Michael Kors boots blog surfing and knew I had to have them. I scoured the internet in hopes of finding them in suede, but was only able to find them in leather (which isn't so bad). They're a little on the pricey side for me, but I'm looking to invest in my wardrobe. And these over the knee boots will never go out of style. Go ahead and grab them before they're gone!
8. Filter of Hope: I decided at the end of 2014 that I would donate to a global charity each month and I was lucky enough to have stumbled upon this Filter of Hope on Instagram. I know there are tons of non-profit organizations around the world, but this one spoke to me because they provide families across the globe with water filters. Clean water is essential to a healthy life and well-being. Many of us living in developed countries take clean water for granted. I mean, I've got about 4 water bottles laying around my bedroom floor right now! Only a small donation of $40 sends a filtering device to a family in an underdeveloped country. I spend maybe $200/month on myself alone each month (too much!), so spending $40 to help a family get clean drinking water was a no-brainer. Check out the website and see how you can help! I promise it'll make you feel good once you do it.
Have an amazing week! I'll be back later detailing how to pack a tasty lunch you can take to work.
It's always been said that "beach bodies are made during the winter". And if you really think about that phrase, it's so true! Depending on where you live, you've got a good 2-3 months, sometimes more, when you're practically swaddled in scarves, sweaters, and parkas! And of course we could all just eat and hibernate until Spring arrives, but then we'd strain ourselves trying to get fit for bikin weather. Why not create your bikini bod during the winter months? It's not like you'll have to rush to spinning class to find a bike or anything lol!
With an two pending visits to Mexico later this year, I've decided I've got to get myself into shape! In all honesty, I don't make time to work out everyday. But on the days I do, I take time out to do a few reps of a shirt circuit and take part in the all to famous #30daychallenge!
If you've ever seen some of my style posts (more are coming soon!!) you've seen my frail arms. I mean, I'm 5'9" (on a good yoga day) so my arms are a little long and wimpy. It just comes with the territory I guess. So instead of whining about my toothpick arms, I decided to find a beginner's arm workout circuit! This circuit consists of 5 different exercises that target the group of muscles in your arms and it only takes you 30 seconds to complete!
But since I'm looking to enhance my lackluster backside, I usually do the Malibooty Workout from ToneItUp.com at least three times a week! If you haven't had a chance to check out their website, you should do so, ASAP. A plethora of workouts and healthy lifestyle meals, tips, and suggestions!
And lastly, the 30 day squat challenge. I swear to you, I start one at the beginning of each month but can never complete it! Grrr! Priorities, Margo! Priorities! I mean, come one, I can hang out poolside in sunny Mexico if my bikini bottoms don't have much to hold on to (if you get my drift).
Dear 30 day challenge,
I may be 8 days behind, but I'm coming back for you. You can bet your bottom dollar on that!
If squats aren't your thing, do a quick internet search for more 30 day challenges or put one together yourself! You won't regret it!
So while January and the Polar vortex rear their ugly heads, bundle up and make your way over to the nearest gym and start working on your summer body! Sun's out, guns out! Sunny skies, show ya thighs!!
Hello, I'm Margo.
25 year old laid-back lady currently pursuing my MBA in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Just using my blog to share my growing faith, evolving style, favorite recipes, and exciting travels with you!
Shop love...Kenedie on Etsy!